Contestant Rule Changes
Tuesday, June 26th, 2012
This year, in an effort to ever improve the Jamboree, we made several changes to the Contestant Rules. One change we made was to define the Youth Square Dance average age as 12 or under. We are now modifying this to say “Average age of 7 of the 8 members must be 16 or under.” We hope that this will still preserve the “youth” aspect of the category but allow for an older (or shall we say, “wiser”) dance leader to keep those little feet stomping where they are supposed to stomp.
A summary of the other rule changes is as follows:
1) Appalachian Folk Singing, Solo/Duet: You may compete once as a soloist and once as part of a duet. This is the only category in which you may compete twice.
2) Performers in individual instrument categories may not be accompanied by an instrument of the same type (except for Flat Top Guitar).
3) Youth Square Dancing: Time will begin when dancers begin to dance in unison.
4) Square Dancing: Time will begin when dancers begin to dance in unison.
5) Old Time Fiddle Band: You may only compete in one band.
6) Gospel singing duet, trio, or quartet: You may only compete in this category once.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us!