July 4 - 5, 2014
9:00 a.m. both days
The mission of the Smithville Fiddlers' Jamboree and Crafts Festival is to preserve and perpetuate traditional Appalachian and Old-Time music, dance, and crafts.
New For 2013!
Friday, June 14th, 2013
In an effort to continue improving the Jamboree, the following changes have been made for 2013:
* A new category has been added for Old-Time Appalachian Folksinging: Duet, Trio, and Quartet.
* The Order of Events has changed: Band categories have been moved to later in the day.
* Junior and Senior Fiddlers will be asked to play two tunes in the Finals: a waltz and a breakdown.
* Old-Time Fiddle Bands and Bluegrass Bands will be asked to play two tunes in the Finals: one with vocals and one instrumental only.
* Five judges will score each music contestant, the high and low scores will be thrown out, and the remaining three scores will be used to determine the contestant’s final score.
* Renowned flat-picker Roy Curry will serve as head music judge, and dance expert Jeff Driggs will serve as the head dance judge.
See our “Crafts” section for changes to the craft rules.
We hope these changes will benefit both the contestants and the audience, and help us achieve our mission to preserve and perpetuate Appalachian and Old-Time music and dance. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us!
New Singing Category for 2013!
Saturday, March 9th, 2013
New Category added for 2013! Old Time Appalachian Folk Singing: Duo, Trio, or Quartet. Open to all ages. Find a friend and start practicing!